RRA Bike Challenge
June is bike month, and with the days getting longer and the temperatures heating up, it's the perfect time to hop on your bike and participate in our month-long commuter challenge!
We are challenging Sudburians to substitute their cars for bikes as they cycle through the month to get to work or school and to run day-to-day errands.
Newbie bikers and avid cyclists alike can participate by completing the free Bike Challenge registration form below at any point throughout the month of June.
This is your chance to get outside, get active and throw your name in the draw for your chance at winning some great prizes!
There will be a prize giveaway each week. Now here’s the catch, we aren’t interested in the number of kilometers you travel each week, instead we are focusing on encouraging you to get out and incorporate active transportation by bike into your day-to-day lives!
To be considered eligible for the weekly prize draw you must show that you have commuted by bike at least once during the week.
Week 1 Prize: June 1st - June 8th, 2019: Copy of RRA book 'Tales from the Trails', and 20$ gift card from Sessions Ride Company.
Week 2 Prize: June 9th - June 15th, 2019: Copy of RRA book 'Tales from the Trails', and 20$ gift card from Sessions Ride Company.
Week 3 Prize: June 16th - June 22nd, 2019: Copy of RRA book 'Tales from the Trails', and 20$ gift card from Sessions Ride Company.
Week 4 Prize: June 23rd - June 30th, 2019: Copy of RRA book 'Tales from the Trails', and 20$ gift card from Sessions Ride Company.
To get your hands on the grand prize we are going to take things up a notch. To qualify for the grand prize draw and earn the title of the RRA Bike Challenge Champion, you must demonstrate that you have commuted by bike at least five times during the month of June.
Grand Prize: June 1st - June 30th, 2019: Copy of RRA book 'Tales from the Trails, Aero Wedge Pack (bike seat bag), bicycle tube, bicycle repair multi-tool including disc brake pad spreader, Coldpress C02 inflator, and tire levers.
- To take part in the challenge participants must complete the online registration form attached below.
- Participants can register at any point throughout the month of June.
- For a bike activity to be considered eligible, participants must post a selfie taken with their bike at their destination point and share it on either Instagram or Twitter. Don’t forget to include your destination, e.g. "Biked to school today!", or "Biked to work this morning."
- Participants must use the hashtag #RRAbikechallenge and tag Rainbow Routes Association on the chosen social media platform as follows:
- Alternatively, participants who do not use these social media platforms can email their bike photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each participant is eligible to win one weekly prize, and the grand prize.
- While you are encouraged to travel by bike as often as possible throughout the month of June and to share as many bike selfies as you'd like, you can only get your name in the draw once per week, and once per month.
- Weekly prizes and grand prize will be selected by a draw conducted by RRA staff.
- There is no age restriction to participate in this event.
- Participants will be responsible for contacting RRA at 705-674-4455 ext 4535 or by email at email@example.com to arrange a date and time for pick-up of prizes.
- The RRA Bike Challenge is a free event for all participants.
The RRA Challenges are initiated by Active Trails Sudbury, and funded in part by the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport / Ontario Sports and Recreation Community Fund.