Hillfield Trail (TGT)
This trail is included on the Greater Sudbury segment of The Great Trail
Parking: 2 parking lots; 1 Mikkola Road at the Kinsmen Sports Complex, and 345 Fielding Road at the Fielding Memorial Park.
Directions: The trail entrance is located directly across the road from the entrance to the Fielding Memorial Park parking lot. An alternate trail entrance is located at the far right in the parking lot located off of Mikkola Rd at the Kinsmen Sports Complex.
Modes of Transportation: walk, bike, mountain bike, snowshoe
Length: 2 km
Level of Difficulty: easy to moderate
Trail Surface: hardpack, natural, boardwalks, stairs
Trail Type: linear
Trail Head: 17 T 490868 5141293
> This trail is barrier free for the first 750 metres running west from Fielding Road
- Connects Hillcrest Park to Fielding Memorial Park
- Plenty of bird watching opportunities
- Features bridges, hilly terrain, and wooded ravines
- Features stairs that include bike ramps
- Includes fairy houses in trees and troll huts built of sticks near the troll bridge
- Look for the painted 'puzzle' stones to organize and rearrange!
- Look for the Tales on the Trails storybook:Melissa's Magnificent Message by Frank Glew, illustrations by Sheila King (English)