Urban Poling Events
Thank you for arriving 10-15 minutes in advance.
If you do not have your own poles, rest assured that instructors have some poles to lend. If you find you enjoy urban poling, we recommend you purchase your own poles either through our instructors, or visit urbanpoling.com to place an online order, or to use the Store Locator for a list of retail stores selling Urban Pole.
To receive schedule updates and cancellation notices directly by email, ask your Urban Poling instructor to add you to their e-mailing list!
Monday, April 16 with Judy, Muffie and/or Pat - CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER
- 10:30 on New Sudbury Junction Creek Waterway Park
- Park ant meet at Twin Forks Park (on Gary St.)
Tuesday, April 17 Judy, Muffie and/or Pat
- 1pm, Kivi Park.
- Park and meet at Fielding Park.
Tuesdays with Charmaine
- 11am, alternating between Chelmsford, Azilda and Dowling on a 3 week cyc1e.
- For details and to RSVP, call 705-674-4455 x4535
Wednesday evenings with Allison
- 5pm, at Bell Park
- Meet at the Elizabeth St. Parking Lot
Thursdays - BEGINNERS start here! If this is your first Thursday session, please stop by the Parkside Center (inside the YMCA, 140 Durham) tp sign a form beforehand.
- 10:30am at Bell Park with Judy and Muffie via the Parkside Center
- Park & meet at Elizabeth St. Parking Lot.
Friday April 20 with Judy, Muffie and/or Pat
- 1pm, Kivi Park
- Meet near main chalet.
Don't forget to dress warm and in layers (long underwear, hats, etc) and slip-on grips or cleats for your boots if you have them (can be found at Shopper's Drug Mart)
These urban poling (nordic walking) events are made possible thanks to our trained volunteer instructors]1. They can help you achieve better pole walking techniques and will lead you on a great fresh air walk in good company.