Urban Poling Events
Thank you for arriving 10-15 minutes in advance.
If you do not have your own poles, rest assured that instructors have some poles to lend.
If this is your first time joining with a particular instructor, you can ask to be added to their e-mailing list to receive event and cancellation notices directly by email !
Mondays with Judy and Muffie
- 1pm at Adanac until January 29, 2018.
- 10:30am at Moonlight Beach starting February
- Park & Meet in the second/far lot.
Tuesdays with Pat
- 1pm at on Laurentian Trails. (until further notice)
- Park & meet at the end of Loach's Rd at 12:50pm. We will hike for about 1.5 hours, exploring the LU trails network.
- For details and to RSVP, visit rainbowroutes.com/calendar
Tuesdays with Charmaine
- 1pm, alternating between Chelmsford and Azilda
- For details and to RSVP, contact Véronique: email@example.com or 705-674-4455 x4535
- Bring snowshoes if you can. If not, Allison will have some to spare.
Wednesdays with Allison
- 10am, Junction Creek (New Sudbury) - We wil snowshoe when possible.
- Meet at 9:50 at Twin Forks Park, 1475 Gary Ave (off Lasalle).
- Bring snowshoes if you can. If not, Allison will have few to spare.
Thursdays - BEGINNERS start here! If this is your first Thursday session, please stop by the Parkside Center (inside the YMCA, 140 Durham) tp sign a form beforehand.
- 10:30am at Bell Park with Judy and Muffie via the Parkside Center
- Park & meet at Elizabeth St. Parking Lot. * Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the walk.
Fridays with Judy & Muffie
- To Be Determined
Fridays with Pat
- 1pm at Kivi Park. Meet in front of the main chalet near the trailheads.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the walk. We will walk 3-5km, depending on the weather conditions.
Don't forget to dress warm and in layers (long underwear, hats, etc) and slip-on grips or cleats for your boots if you have them (can be found at Shopper's Drug Mart)
These urban poling (nordic walking) events are made possible thanks to our trained volunteer instructors]1. They can help you achieve better pole walking techniques and will lead you on a great fresh air walk in good company.