Official RRA Trail Challenge Rules
This contest is open to residents of the City of Greater Sudbury, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
HOW TO ENTER:
- To enter, you need to download the Strava App. The App is used to track your hikes and can be downloaded for free here. Use of the App requires a compatible device and is subject to the terms and conditions set forth by Strava.com.
- Join the Rainbow Routes Association Club in Strava by selecting Clubs on the main Strava navigation and using the search icon to find Rainbow Routes Association - click Join.
- Fill out the Official May Trail Challenge Registration form at the bottom of this page and click submit when complete.
HOW TO TRACK YOUR HIKES WITH STRAVA:
- Starting your recording: You must use the Strava App to track each hike. Tracking your activity is easy! You simply click Record Activity in Strava.
- Ending your recording: Tap the square stop icon at the end of your activity. You'll then have the option to Finish the activity.
- Your Activity Title: Once you finish your activity, you will have the option to Set the Activity Title. For an activity to be considered eligible in the challenge you must include #RRATrailChallenge in the activity title. If the device you are using does not allow you to add your activity title, you can edit the activity to include a title on a mobile phone or computer at a later point.
To ensure RRA staff can track your activities, click on the 'Privacy Controls' tab on the left side of the page. Select Everyone under Activities. On Android, select Settings from the navigation menu and select Privacy Controls on the next page. Select Activities to choose Everyone.
That's it! Strava and RRA will take care of the rest! Click here for more detailed instructions on how to use the Strava App to record your hikes.
If you want to share your activities with your friends on other social media platforms feel free to use the hashtag #RRAtrailchallenge and tag Rainbow Routes Association as follows:
- The RRA Trail Challenge begins on May 1, 2019 at 5:00:00 a.m. and ends on May 31, 2019 at 11:59:59 p.m. Participants can join the challenge at any point throughout the month of May for a chance to win weekly prizes or the grand prize.
Prizes to be announced.
Week 1: Wed. May 1st, 2019 - Sat. May 11, 2019
Week 2: Sun. May 12th, 2019 - Sat. May 18, 2019
Week 3: Sun. May 19th, 2019 - Sat. May 25th, 2019
Week 4: Sun. May 26th, 2019 - Fri. May 31st, 2019
Grand Prize: Wed. May 1st, 2019 - Fri. May 31st, 2019
- Prizes will be given to the participant who has logged the most kilometers during each week, and the grand prize will be given to the participant with the most total kilometers logged throughout the month of May.
- In the event of a tie, prize winners will be selected by a draw conducted by RRA staff.
- While we do encourage you to explore the beautiful Rainbow Routes Trail network throughout this challenge (which can be accessed here, please note that all local trails you choose to hike will be considered eligible.
- Participants can hike, walk or run.
- Each participant is eligible to win one weekly prize and the grand prize.
- Participants will be responsible for contacting RRA at 705-674-4455 ext 4535 to arrange a date and time for pick-up of prizes.
- The RRA Trail Challenges are free events, an no purchase is necessary.