RRA June Bike Challenge
Are you ready?
June is Bike Month, and with the days getting longer and the temperatures heating up, it's the perfect time to hop on your bike and participate in our month-long cycling challenge!
Newbie bikers and avid cyclists alike can participate by substituting their cars for bikes as they cycle through the month to get to work or school and to run day-to-day errands.
This is your chance to get outside, get active and throw your name in the draw for your chance at winning some great prizes!
The goal of the RRA Bike Challenge is simple: Park the car and hop on your bike as often as possible in the month of June.
This free challenge runs throughout the entire month, with five chances to win cool prizes!
Week 1: June 1st, 2019 - June 8th, 2019 - Prizes to be announced.
Week 2: June 9th, 2019 - June 15th, 2019 - Prizes to be announced.
Week 3: June 16th, 2019 - June 22nd, 2019 - Prizes to be announced.
Week 4: June 23rd, 2019 - June 30th, 2019 - Prizes to be announced.
Grand Prize: June 1st, 2019 - June 30th, 2019 - Prizes to be announced.
There will be a prize giveaway each week, and one grand prize at the end of the month. Now here’s the catch, we aren’t interested in the number of kilometers you travel each week, instead we are focusing on encouraging you to get out and incorporate active transportation by bike into your day-to-day lives!
To be considered eligible for the weekly prize draw you must show that you have commuted by bike at least once during the week.
To get your hands on the grand prize we are going to take things up a notch. To qualify for the grand prize draw and earn the title of the RRA Bike Challenge Champion, you must demonstrate that you have commuted by bike at least once each week during the month of June.
- To take part in the challenge participants must complete the online registration form attached below.
- Participants can register at any point throughout the month of June.
- For a bike activity to be considered eligible, participants must post a selfie taken with their bike at their destination point and share it on either Instagram or Twitter. Don’t forget to include your destination, e.g. "Biked to school today!", or "Biked to work this morning."
- Participants must use the hashtag #RRAbikechallenge and tag Rainbow Routes Association on the chosen social media platform as follows:
- Alternatively, participants who do not use these social media platforms can email their bike photos to email@example.com.
- Each participant is eligible to win one weekly prize, and the grand prize.
- While you are encouraged to travel by bike as often as possible throughout the month of June and to share as many bike selfies as you'd like, you can only get your name in the draw once per week, and once per month.
- Weekly prizes and grand prize will be selected by a draw conducted by RRA staff.
- There is no age restriction to participate in this event.
- Participants will be responsible for contacting RRA at 705-674-4455 ext 4535 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a date and time for pick-up of prizes.
- The RRA Bike Challenge is a free event for all participants.
The RRA Challenges are initiated by Active Trails Sudbury, and funded in part by the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport / Ontario Sports and Recreation Community Fund.