Are you ready?
We had the chance to see what you're made of this fall as you crushed the October RRA Trail Challenge, and we were impressed.
In fact, we were so impressed with the results (185 trail activities and 30 of our 32 trails hiked, but who's keeping track anyway) that we decided it was due time to put you to the test again and have you push your limits as you push your way through the snow! Just in time to follow through with those New Year's resolutions, we'd like to introduce the January RRA Trail Challenge!
Lace up your boots, strap on your snowshoes and get your bikes ready, because we have some great prizes on the line and we want to find out how many of our 30 plus official trails you can conquer in one month.
The goal of the RRA Trail Challenge is simple: hike, snowshoe or bike as many Rainbow Routes’ Trails as possible in the month of January.
This free challenge kicks off on January 1st and runs until January 31st, and there will be five chances to win cool prizes throughout the month:
Week 1: Jan 1st – Jan 6th – $25 Ramakko's gift card, copy of the RRA book "Tales from the Trails"
Week 2: Jan 7th – Jan 13th – $25 Ramakko's gift card, copy of the RRA book "Tales from the Trails"
Week 3: Jan 14th – Jan 20th – $25 Ramakko's gift card, copy of the RRA book "Tales from the Trails"
Week 4: Jan 21st – Jan 27th – $25 Ramakko's gift card, copy of the RRA book "Tales from the Trails"
Month Challenge Grand Prize: Jan 1st – Jan 31st – Osprey Daylite Plus Hiking bag, Suunto A-10 compass, copy of the RRA book "Tales from the Trails", RRA Tumbler, RRA whistle, RRA reflective wrist band
There will be a prize giveaway each week. Now here’s the catch, we aren’t interested in the number of kilometers you travel on each trail, instead we are focusing on encouraging you to explore new trails!
To be considered eligible for the weekly prize draw you must show that you have conquered at least two different trails in one week.
To get your hands on the grand prize we are going to take things up a notch. To qualify for the grand prize draw and earn the title of the RRA Trail Challenge Champion, you must demonstrate that you have completed at least five different trails in the month of January.
- To take part in the challenge participants must complete the online registration form attached below.
- Participants can register at any point throughout the month of January.
- For a trail activity to be considered valid, participants must share a trail selfie or picture in a location that allows us to identify the trail (picture with trailhead or identifiable trail features) and include the name of the trail in your photo discription on one of the following social media platforms: Instagram, Twitter.
Participants must use the hashtag #RRAtrailchallenge and tag Rainbow Routes Association on chosen social media platform as follows:
- Alternatively, participants who do not use these social media platforms can e-mail their trail photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to include the trail name!
- Trail activities are qualified if they take place on a trail that is part of the Rainbow Routes Trail network which can be accessed here.
- Each participant is eligible to win one weekly prize, and the grand prize.
- Weekly prizes and grand prize will be selected by a draw conducted by RRA staff.
- Participants can walk, snowshoe or bike.
- There are no age restrictions to participate in this event.
- Participants will be responsible for contacting RRA at 705-674-4455 ext 4535 to arrange a date and time for pick-up of prizes.
- The RRA Trail Challenge is a free event for all participants.
The RRA Trail Challenges are initiated by Active Trails Sudbury, and funded in part by the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport / Ontario Sports and Recreation Community Fund. Weekly challenge gift card prizes are kindly donated by Ramakko's Source for Adventure.